1) Order your ArcGIS school bundle on our website https://esribelux.com/schools/. Within a few days you will receive the activation codes.
2) Click on the activation link you received by e-mail. This link looks like the following https://www.arcgis.com/home/activate.html?activationcode=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. If you have lost the link, contact email@example.com.
3) You will have the choice to activate your subscription by logging in to a pre-existing user or by creating a new user. Warning: the person who activates the account will become the administrator, if you prefer someone else in your school to be the administrator, transfer the activation link and this instruction page to him/her so that he/she can continue the process from here.
- If you already have an esri account (even if you have never used ArcGIS Online, it is also the account to access My esri for example), log in with your user and password. If you prefer, you can also create a new user.
- If you don’t have an esri account yet, please create one.
4) After logging in, you will access your organization’s configuration page. In our system, your school will always be named “organization”. Enter the name of your organization. You will be able to change it later if you wish.
5) Choose a short name for your organization, i.e. the name that will be associated with the URL of your ArcGIS Online. The URL of your home page will look like this: http://shortname.maps.arcgis.com. You will not be able to change this name afterwards.
6) Choose the default language. Each user will also be able to change the language on their profile page later.
7) Choose your region, this is useful to center your maps by default.
8) Click on save and continue.
9) Invite your students to be part of your organization. As administrator, you are the only one who has the right to add members to the organization, but you can however designate additional administrators, to give the right to someone else from your school to manage the organizational account. To invite members, click on the Organization tab at the top of the site, then on Member and then on Invite Members.
- Add your students without sending an email
- Add your students and notify them by email
- Invite your students to create their own ID
10) Choose the user-type for your students, we advise “creator”, this way they will have the right to not only view and modify content, but also to create it, in ArcGIS Pro for example.
11) You can also create groups of students, for example by class, and control their credit consumption.
12) Choose whether you want to use ArcMap or ArcGIS Pro, we recommend ArcGIS Pro since it is our newest desktop software and is fully manageable via ArcGIS Online.
- If ArcGIS Pro: You will be able to assign “Named-User” licenses to your students via ArcGIS Online. Click on “Organization” and then “Licenses”. In the “Add-on Licenses” tab, click on “Manage” in front of ArcGIS Pro to assign the license to each of your students who will use this software.
- If ArcMap: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can send you the installation files.