Extend your foundational GIS knowledge, get comfortable with the ArcGIS Pro application, and explore some of the most common GIS workflows. This course introduces techniques and general best practices to map, manage, analyze, and share data and other GIS resources. Hands-on exercises will give you the experience needed to efficiently work with ArcGIS Pro.
Please note that this course is for users of ArcPro. If you are using ArcMap please see our ArcMap courses. This course is equivalent with the ArcMap course: ArcGIS 2: Essential Workflows.
Individuals with introductory-level knowledge of GIS concepts and limited ArcGIS experience
Completion of ‘Introduction to GIS with ArcGIS’ or equivalent knowledge.
- Price for course in Wemmel: € 990. Price for this course with KMO portefelio can be found on our partner website of SBM.
- Price for course in Namur: € 990.
- Price for course in Gent: € 1140 (in collaboration with SBM/Escala)
- Duration: 3 days
- Language: This training will be organized in Dutch and French. Also possible in English at request.
The following topics are covered:
- Getting started with ArcGIS Pro
- Creating geodatabase data
- Working with spatial reference
- Using ModelBuilder for data conversion
- Visualizing data
- Adding text to the map
- Visualizing data in 3D
- Creating features from tabular data
- Relating tabular data
- Creating new features
- Modifying existing features
- Using ModelBuilder for analysis
- Sharing a static map
- Sharing dynamic maps
After following this course you will be able to:
- Combine data from different sources to create accurate, informative maps;
- Organize, create, and edit geographic data to keep it accurate and up to date;
- Design an attractive layout for maps that will be printed;
- Analyze GIS data to create new information;
- Share maps, analysis results, and geoprocessing models so they are easily accessible to colleagues, decision makers, or the public.
- 19/03 – 21/03/19 (FR) in Luxembourg
- 03/04 – 05/04/19 (NL) in Wemmel
- 15/05 & 22/05 & 29/05/19 (NL) in Gent in collaboration with SBM/Escala
- 05/11 – 07/11/19 (FR) in Luxembourg
- 02/12 – 04/12/19 (FR) in Namur
- 11/12 – 13/12/19 (NL) in Wemmel
Thanks to a partnership with SBM/Escala it is possible to recover up to 40% of the registration fee for the courses in Wemmel and Gent by using a KMO portefolio. Prices for a course with KMO portefelio can be found on our partner website of SBM.